Private trucking hauls an estimated 4.45 billion tons of freight per year with an average value of US $2.4 trillion in commodities, according to the National Private Truck Council.
Just about anything you can imagine is being carried at any given time, making private fleets the third largest segment of the transportation industry.
Our solutions are focused on helping you:
- Limit expensive and polluting idling times
- Reduce fuel costs
- Monitor and manage driver productivity and safety
- Improve driver satisfaction and retention
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Automate regulatory compliance processes
- Know where your trailers are at any time
- Limit and react to critical events
Shaw Tracking has both products and services that can meet your specific needs. For Shaw Tracking services specifically related to private fleets, check out the following:
- Truck Routing Software – A real-time, in-cab navigation service enables your drivers to plan accurate and timely routes, saving fuel.
- Performance Monitoring – Fleet managers can monitor fuel consumption, as well increase fleet safety and performance.
- Critical Event Reporting – Automated vehicle monitor that enables safety and fleet managers to proactively manage the behaviour of drivers in real-time.
- Automated Hours of Service – Get real-time monitoring of drivers’ hours, allowing dispatchers to access current information about driver availability and reports including duty status, driving time and remaining hours of service.
- Email Services – Three driver-friendly email services designed to improve safety and productivity.
- Automated Fuel & Mileage Tax Reporting – Eliminate hours of IFTA reporting, while relieving your drivers of the burden of completing trip sheets.
- Security Solutions – Ensures you provide public safety first-responders, security agencies and environmental response centres everything they need in such an emergency.
- SpeedGauge – Identify high-risk driving behaviour, control speed, monitor, and rate drivers on all types of roads, while helping to maximize fuel efficiency and lower costs.
- Content Delivery – Broadcast pre-recorded messages from dispatch to drivers, saving time and money.
For Shaw Tracking products related to private fleets, see:
- Truck Tracking – Our Mobile Computing Platforms are wireless GPS vehicle tracking system engineered to improve your transportation company’s operations.
- Freight Tracking – Shaw Mobile combines rugged handheld technology with an electronic onboard recorder to capture and calculate valuable performance data.
- GPS Vehicle Tracking – Our wireless electronic onboard recorder offers GPS vehicle tracking, activity and incident recording, and automated IFTA fuel and mileage reporting.
- Trailer Tracking – Trailer Tracks automatically reports the location and status – unloaded or loaded, tethered or untethered – of all your fleet’s trailers.
- Reefer Tracking – ReeferTrak is a wireless management solution for refrigerated vehicles and trailers from anywhere.
“Shaw Tracking’s Mobile Computing Platform has allowed us to monitor driver speeding and improve our route optimization. It was also the most cost effective and efficient way of communicating with our drivers, especially when it comes to sending instructions and customer location information. We are impressed with the results that we have seen so far.”
Jamie Nicholson, Transportation Manager, Coastal Wood Treating Ltd.