Oil & Gas, Bulk-Hauling Industries
At Shaw Tracking, we understand that bulk haulers and oil and gas service companies often operate in remote areas and have specific needs when it comes to providing a safe work environment to drivers.
Shaw Tracking’s systems and services enable fleet managers to monitor vehicle locations in remote areas, communicate with vehicles and drivers, view detailed reports on vehicle and driver activity, and react swiftly to critical events and emergencies. We also have technology solutions to help you monitor and manage assets like trailers and industrial equipment.
Shaw Tracking systems include mapping built using the LSD grid system, which is critical for oil and gas location. The mapping system can be used for route optimization, security and safety applications as well as tracking and tracing vehicles in-transit.
And, all of this can be done in remote regions without existing cellular coverage.
Shaw Tracking has both products and services that can meet your specific needs. For Shaw Tracking services specifically related to the oil and gas, bulk-hauling industries, check out the following:
- Truck Routing Software – A real-time, in-cab navigation service enables your drivers to plan accurate and timely routes, saving fuel.
- Performance Monitoring – Fleet managers can monitor fuel consumption, as well increase fleet safety and performance.
- Critical Event Reporting – Automated vehicle monitor that enables safety and fleet managers to proactively manage the behaviour of drivers in real-time.
- Automated Arrival & Departure – Track arrival and departure times at both planned and unplanned stops along a driver’s route — eliminating the manual entry process and maximizing driving efficiency.
- Automated Hours of Service – Get real-time monitoring of drivers’ hours, allowing dispatchers to access current information about driver availability and reports including duty status, driving time and remaining hours of service.
- Email Services – Three driver-friendly email services designed to improve safety and productivity.
- Automated Fuel & Mileage Tax Reporting – Eliminate hours of IFTA reporting, while relieving your drivers of the burden of completing trip sheets.
- Security Solutions – Ensures you provide public safety first-responders, security agencies and environmental response centres everything they need in such an emergency.
- SpeedGauge – Identify high-risk driving behaviour, control speed, and monitor and rate drivers on all types of roads, while helping to maximize fuel efficiency and lower costs.
- Content Delivery – Broadcast pre-recorded messages from dispatch to drivers, saving time and money.
For Shaw Tracking products related to the oil and gas, bulk-hauling industries, see:
- Truck Tracking – Our Mobile Computing Platforms are wireless GPS vehicle tracking system engineered to improve your transportation company’s operations.
- GPS Vehicle Tracking – Our wireless electronic onboard recorder offers GPS vehicle tracking, activity and incident recording, and automated IFTA fuel and mileage reporting.
- Trailer Tracking – Trailer Tracks automatically reports the location and status – unloaded or loaded, tethered or untethered – of all your fleet’s trailers.
“In the oilfield, safety is key in the workplace. We now have real-time satellite communications and tracking with our drivers and this gives us the ability to manage what they are doing no matter where they are. What impressed us most was the ease of use and how quickly our drivers realized the benefit of the Mobile Computing Platform, along with the 24/7 customer support.”
Ian McKinley, Vice President, Winalta Transport Ltd.