Fleet Fuel Management – Reduce Fuel Costs
With volatile and unpredictable fuel prices, fuel is one of the largest expenses transportation companies face today. So, it’s vital to efficiently manage fuel consumption with proper fleet fuel management.
A variety of factors, including weather, aerodynamics, vehicle type, tire resistance and maintenance practices can affect fuel consumption, but there are several others — that with the right technology and fleet fuel management — you can easily control:
- Excessive idling
- Excessive over-revving
- Hard braking
- Improper shifting
- Routing and navigation
Did You Know?
- Efficient drivers can get approximately 30% better mileage per gallon than their least efficient colleagues
- The average long-haul truck uses over US$3,700 of fuel per year idling
- Fuel economy decreases by half a mile per gallon for every five miles per hour (MPH) in excess of 55 MPH
Proactively managing your company’s fuel expenditures can decrease costs and increase profits without increasing fleet size or hiring more drivers. Shaw Tracking has all the tools and services that you need to effectively monitor and manage your fleet’s fuel consumption.
For Shaw Tracking services specifically related to improving fuel consumption, take a look at the following:
- Truck Routing Software – This real-time, in-cab navigation service enables your drivers to plan accurate and timely routes, saving fuel.
- Performance Monitoring – Fleet managers can monitor fuel consumption, as well increase fleet safety and performance.
- SpeedGauge – Helps identify high-risk driving behaviour, control speed and fuel consumption.
For Shaw Tracking products, see:
- Truck Tracking – Our Mobile Computing Platforms are wireless GPS vehicle tracking system engineered to improve your transportation company’s operations.
- Freight Tracking – Shaw Mobile combines rugged handheld technology with an electronic onboard recorder to capture and calculate valuable performance data.
- GPS Vehicle Tracking – Our wireless electronic onboard recorder offers GPS vehicle tracking, activity and incident recording, and automated IFTA fuel and mileage reporting.